MPLS Business Services and Multiprotocol Label Switching Networks
MPLS, or Multi-Protocol Label Switching networks can help increase your business operate more efficiently and profitably. Today’s businesses must quicken their pace in order to keep up with their competition, and maintaining reliable connections are critical to a business’ success.
MPLS services give business owners the power to prioritize network traffic, keeping your email, voice, video and internet traffic moving seamlessly and smoothly between multiple locations. A VPLS network, or Virtual Private LAN Service can provide a fully integrated Ethernet-based communication over an MPLS network, which allows you to scale your network without having to grow your bandwidth; thus saving you both time and money.
When you’re looking for an MPLS provider, make sure that they can guarantee a high performance network and around-the-clock technical support.
Advantages and Features of an MPLS Network:
• One single managed connection can consolidate various types of traffic, such as video, voice, internet or other data
• Four levels of QoS (Quality of Service) enables you to divide your applications into separate queues, in order to deliver the best quality and performance that your users expect. This is of particular importance and a key benefit to companies that have voice and video network requirements.
• Layer 2 connectivity enables you to connect into your LAN environment directly, without having to support or manage additional equipment.
• Layer 2 connectivity provides an unlimited amount of protocol and application support
• Coupled with VPLS, a Wide Area Network (WAN) is created, providing full functionality of your LAN environment.
• You have complete control over the access and configuration of your equipment
• Some service providers have options for bundled pricing and their Service Level Agreements offer both exceptional value and performance
If you depend on the mix of applications and network configuration you have, an MPLS service can save you an average of 10-20% over other data services like ATM and frame relay. The addition of voice and video traffic can save the overall cost.
Aside from the significant savings of an MPLS, there is also the advantage of improved performance. Network designers can decrease the number of hops, or jumps between each network point, which results in better response times and improved overall application performance.
When you have MPLS-based services, you will be able to have greater disaster recovery methods. There are many ways to connect the key sites to the cloud, which includes other sites on the network. Remote sites will be able to reconnect easily to backup locations when needed. With frame relay or ATM networks, you need either a switched or virtual circuit network. Many businesses switch to MPLS services for this reason alone, as it provides flexibility for business recovery.
Many businesses agree that MPLS represents the future of networking and provides the most up-to-date technologies available today. WAN services like frame relay and ATM are now considered extremely outdated and today’s ‘in the know’ companies are looking at MPLS services to get them moving forward. If you don’t want to be left behind, consider these new technologies and networks.
MPLS Business Quotes